A professional home inspection gives you an independent, unbiased view of any problems and their possible solutions, so that you will have all the facts you need to make a sound, informed decision. Thus, a home cannot fail an inspection.
Depending on the size and condition of the home, a thorough home inspection usually takes between an hour and a half and three hours. Ideally, you will accompany your inspector during the consultation, so that you will have visual reinforcement of your written report.
Every inspection is a complete and thorough analysis of all the major systems and components in the home. The report includes a clear description of what we've found with any problem areas noted, so you can easily identify them. Our inspectors also provide a free telephone consultation after your inspection.
A thorough property inspection that follows ASHI standards will include the following:
- Roof (shingles, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible roof related items)
- Attics (insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible related items)
- Plumbing and Fixtures (visible distribution piping, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, visible vent and sewer piping, and other plumbing system components)
- Interior (floors and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, and other visible interior-related components)
- Heating and Cooling Systems (visible ductwork, thermostat, basic operation of air conditioning and heat, and other visible related HVAC components)
- Electrical Systems (service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components)
- Basements, Crawl Spaces and Foundation (insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns)
- Exterior (siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components)
- Environmental Issues
- Decks and Porches
- Overall Structure
Yes. After we complete your home inspection, you will receive the report as a PDF file usually within six hours, and guaranteed within 24 hours. Included in the report will be a cover page, a summary letter stating Health/Safety, Repair Items and Maintenance Items, and the full report with digital photos taken during the inspection. You may call us for follow-up questions concerning the report and we would welcome discussing any issues you may have with your home during your ownership.
Please call or email for a sample report to be sent to you.
Yes, we do follow the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics of The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
You can download a PDF of their Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics by clicking here.